PLZT Optical Switching Systems
The PLZT optical switching systems are ready to switch optical signals at nano-second speed with PC control
capability. The PLZT optical switching subsystem is equipped with a MZ
type PLZT optical switch with single mode fiber ports, a high-speed
driver, and FPGA controller with D-Sub ports in a single 19 inch case.
This switch does not require an external multi-channel pulse generator.
Available port counts include 1x1, 1x2, 1x8, 1x16, 2x2, and 4x4.
With efficient electro-optic properties
and high refractive index, EpiPhotonics'
unique PLZT waveguide technology enables
a new generation of efficient optical switch
systems with potent advantages such as;
In addition, the PLZT products are very reliable and environmentally stable.
The crystal structure of our PLZT materials and the fact that our optical
switches have absolutely no moving parts guarantee high reliability and
- Ultra-fast switching (10 ns)
- Low driving voltage (5V~10V)
- Low insertion loss
- Low polarization dependence
- Low power consumption
- High reliability (high-power laser admissive)
- Environmentally stable
EpiPhotonics' high-speed and low-power consumption products provide the
key differentiators for many optical switching applications such as;
Please contact us at email@example.com for more details including
- Optical packet switching (OPS)
- Optical burst switching (OBS)
- On-demand ROADM
- On-demand crossconnects
- Switched optical access networks
- Optical interconnections (data center networks, server backplanes)
- High-speed protections
- Switched delay lines (phased array antennas, optical buffering)